Hello, it’s Thursday again. Throwback post for today with regards to continuation of my SRO Application Chapter 3.
Chapter 3: Documentation Process, Briefing, and Departure.
- June 2, 2016 — I sat on my Prometric Exam for Nurse Technician. From our place, I rode a shuttle going to Makati. I used my Waze app to be able to arrive at Ateneo De Manila University – Prometric Testing Center. I walked amidst of the heat of the sun. I trusted God that He’s with me even though I’m alone, He provided me with wisdom and focus to be able to pass the exam. I didn’t reviewed properly because of my hospital work, I just scanned my notes during our board exam review, and relied on my clinical experience, instinct, and stock knowledge. God is so good! Same day three years ago, 2013, I took my Philippine Nursing Board Exam. Real time, throwback.
- June 8, 2016 — I submitted all my authenticated documents, passed my medical investigations, and paid for my Visa.
- June 15, 2016 — I was supposed to hand over my resignation at UERM, but I was off that day, instead I gave them my letter on June 17, 2016. My last day of duty dated on July 15, 2016.
- First week of July, my dad and I got a call from SRO that I need to go there and attend another delegation because I got problem with my application for MOH Riyadh.
- July 12, 2016 — I was frustrated and sad. I took another delagation. I got problem with my visa that they didn’t approved it because of my clinical experience. The staff said to apply and take exam for Prince Bin Abdulaziz Hospital in Riyadh. I passed the exam. I was lined-up for inyerview. Still, they need three years minimum hospital experience. I didn’t go for interview. I went home, crying and confused. I don’t know what to do that time. The next days, I came back and I’ve decided for a refund for everything that I spent. I talked with Mohammad, SRO head, he asked me why I didn’t went on June delegation before, I replied that I didn’t received any text. They checked their system also my number was not there. But honestly, I received it and just ignored that text when I read it because I thought they were just informing that there’s a hiring, and I already passed on May delegation. The head assigned me to different region, instead of Riyadh. I just accepted it and go with it. I told my parents that I have decided, I will pursue it. I said to them and to myself that I will just try to work there for one year, my family supported me. Even though I am so worried and scared about everything, I pushed myself out of my comfort zone. POEA was legit, God is also with me all the time, so I said to myself that “I can do this”, and “I will be safe”.
- July 15, 2016 — My last day as a staff nurse at UERM Hospital, and last day to serve my country for this year.
- August 4, 2016 — Received this text from SRO. Waiting game was over. Everything I finished and submitted at SRO. Good thing, I passed all my final medical check-up.
- August 8, 2016 — First time to attend for PDOS at POEA. A must for any OFW going to KSA.
- August 11, 2016 — Attended our Pre-flight Briefing. I have no batchmate or anyone here that had same flight with me. I will travel alone. FOR REAL. 😭 Am I readyyyyy!??
- August 12, 2016 — I packed all my stuff inside the luggage that we bought at Oshopping! When I’ve done packing, I changed the lock of my luggage, but then I got a mistake!! I didn’t set yet my real code and release the button, then shuffled the numbers. I keep on trying any number combination to open my luggage, but I can’t opened it. So, I bothered my brother to help me open my luggage but he can’t too. I was very frustrated. I even searched online on how to open again my luggage. My father that time went out, and I don’t want to call him just to inform him to open my luggage. I was crying and helpless. Thankfully, I thought to search the number and email add of Oshopping. I emailed them, but got no reply. Even if it’s midnight already, I called their hotline number. Good thing, their customer service center was 24/7!!! I am very thankful for that Kuya from Oshopping who’ve helped me open my luggage lock!!!! I followed all his instructions thru phone, and set another lock code.
(My BS, Janet, visited me at home and she gave me a gift from our barkada. Thank you, gfs!)
- August 13, 2016 — My departure! ✈️ It was raining hard. 🎶 skies are crying, I am watching. Catching tear drops in my hands..🎶 I am holding back my tears, and pretending to be strong with my dad. 😢
(Brought two luggage, Big – almost 22kg x Medium size – almost 18kg : total baggage allowance each bag must be 23kg, as a first time, I didn’t have excess kg so that I will have no problem)
OFW feels for reeeeeeaaaaal!
(It’s sad to leave, but it’s for the better future as everyone would say)
(Check-in and bag drop, means no turning baaaaaack!!!!)
(Passed through the immigration and everything, found our boarding gate that was still closed, so I just sat here and waited until our gate will be opened) 🎶 All by myseeeeelfffff🎶
(Got a free Tupig!! From a woman who’s in her 50’s that I just met there. We sat and talked while waiting for our boarding. She’s an OFW, working just like my mom for more than 30 years in another country. She’s a nurse in Jeddah. We’re both headed to Riyadh, but with different destination afterwards. Our flight got delayed for one hour because of the heavy rain plus delayed aircraft. I already forgot her name but I am thankful that God sent me her that time to comfort me. She was kind and gave me her advices too.)
(The rain stopped as we boarded inside the plane. Mixed emotions over here. Good thing that I sat beside the window, and an empty seat, then near the aisle was an OFW too, a man around his 50’s.)
Gooodbye for now, my love 🇵🇭
— End of entry.
Self-confession102: I pretended and lied to almost everyone I knew regarding this chapter. My friends, colleagues, relatives, even my mother and brother, didn’t knew what I’ve been through here. IT WAS NOT AS EASY AS PIE. I decided not to tell them because I am shy and worried for what they will say. I kept on making stories and excuses. I continued to be strong even though I am very scared alone. I am wrong for not being myself, for lying, and for worrying what other’s will say or think about me. I kept all my struggle alone because this was my battle, yet God gave me strength to overcome all of these. I have grown and learned more about life, and also, that being an adult was a legit tough phase. Forgive me, my dearest self and my friends. I hope that I will be now free from this burden and be at peace after sharing this post.
Goodnight, everyone! Thank you!
Always be grateful 🌷