Hello, friends! 😊
How are you? I’ve been on hiatus here for a month jsksksllsls so sorry ㅠ ㅠ waaah (so here’s a cute pic of jungoo to make bawi / “compromise” to all of you 😉✌)
I know I should have posted something here last month (ugh literally feels like yesterday haha), but I felt I just needed to write my thoughts and feels on my journal instead. I still write A LOT – where in fact, I’m using 3 notebooks since February 2019 which I usually bring them at work.
- Journal/ Diary / Devotion / Doodle notebook ❤
- Gratitude/ to-do list/ Art History notebook 🌸
- Side-hustle Notebook 😎
So without further musings and ramblings, here’s my VA Journey 🌷
< b a c k s t o r y >
Since I’ve been into Truly Rich Club (superb club), I’ve been thinking and exploring ways where I could earn a sideline / side hustle and here are the things that I have tried:
- Apply as an ESL teacher – Rarejob & Bibo
- Answer surveys
- Make a book review
- Learn how to be a VA (ongoing)
- Affiliate Marketing (TRC, VA bootcamp course, Airbnb, Klook)
- Apply as Nurse Reliever
- Apply as a Nurse in Aide app
I failed myself many times.
I failed to pursue and go for it (self-doubt, fear, & laziness)…..
But I still choose to RISE after every failure.
“Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make”. – Robin S. Sharma
One Webinar/Power Talks that I’ve watched from Bro. Bo Sanchez has lead me to “Virtual Assistant” world (late 2017). I was inspired because the guest speakers there are earning while working from home #Freelancing #WorkFromHome #SuccessStories.
I’ve researched first about Mr. Jomar’s VA careers and stuff. It’s goooood!!!
I’ve researched about Mr. Jason’s VA courses and stuff. Yey! Jackpot! This is it! Hehe what I like about the VAB is the active community/ support group and the success stories after enrolling in VAB!! So I told my best friend, Sym, to join me in the course too. Hehe but she doesn’t have time.
Hmmmm…why not try? Me talking to myself for days, so I tried the free course first…. and I felt dismayed because it’s difficult ㅠ ㅠ I think this is not for me..
Fast forward to July 2018, I’ve received an email from Mr. Jason’s discounted VA course. I asked myself if it’s now or never in availing the course hahahaha and yes, of course, I’ve enrolled na!!! (Effective email marketing po hehe)
For the first 2 months, I’m on/off learner…
Until I had to quit because I lacked motivation and I didn’t know if I could really do this…
So… I sticked with my corporate job as an occupational health nurse.
Fast forward to February 2019, I’ve finished watching Romance is a bonus book and because of Kang Dan-i’s strong character, I’ve gained my motivation to work hard to have a side-hustle.
I went back to study again the VA modules. I also told myself that I’m not a quitter. I kept on watching and reading success stories to fuel up my emotional why, why am I doing this. I didn’t have a VA friend who has same goals like mine so it’s hard to move forward with the modules and all. So, I pray the hardest during these times that I felt alone.
I felt God is moving me🙌🙌🙌
- February 20, 2019 ~ I’ve finally got my VA certificate 😊 #VABgraduate
- February 21 – March 21, 2019 ~ I’ve fixed my online profiles on onlinejobs.ph and on Upwork. I tried to create an account on Hubstaff but I didn’t push thru it because I was lazy. I only wanted to find jobs on Upwork. Also, this time (I was about to give up again after several attempts of submitting my profile on Upwork – rejected twice), I asked for the help of one of our VAB coaches, Ms.Anna, if she could help me to get my Upwork profile approved – and viola! Approved!! 🤟🌟 thank you po 🌷
- I’ve decided to do a DIY hustle challenge because I was not confident yet to join in their HC 🤧
- March 21-31, 2019 ~ I’ve reviewed the modules again esp. on how to write cover letters. Tried to submit proposals on the 31st..special thanks to my bff, Sym, for motivating me too!😘
- April 1, 2019 ~ I was browsing for jobs on Upwork. I submitted 4-5 proposals. Then, yeyyyy! I got my 1st client! Task: Write in medical forum (yey!!! Thank you Lord! 🙏)
- April 2, 2019 ~ I’ve submitted 2-3 proposals again on Upwork for another fixed job.
- April 3, 2019 ~ I got my 2nd client! Task: Manage IG account (New Zealand Travel!!) Wah thank you Lord!!!
- April 4, 2019 ~ Rest 😊
- April 5, 2019 ~ I submitted proposals and applied for a VA job post.
- April 6, 2019 ~ Had my 1st Skype interview with my client. I was really nervous!!! But everything went well, and I got hired!! Eyyyy!! 🤩 #TRAVEL related rin 😍
- Within the first week of April, I got 3 good clients on Upwork huhuhu thank you po!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏
- I have no time to complain because this is it! I’ve been juggling into 4 jobs 🙏 lack of sleep is real zzzz but I don’t want to let these blessings go.
- My first job ended after 10 days, April 10 and I got a kilig feedback huhu 😭🥰 Thank you po 🌷🌷🌷
- April 21, 2019 ~ Upwork notified me with this 🌟🌟😭😭 omo! thank you Papa Jesus! This was Easter Sunday!!! 🙏🙏 so many blessings, indeed.
- April 29, 2019 ~ I’ve decided to take the Upwork Readiness exam 🙏
- April 30, 2019 ~ I received my Rising Talent Badge 🙏 thank you Lord!!
🌟 ALL GLORY AND PRAISE TO GOD 🌟
If you’re curious about VA, It means Virtual Assistant. So here’s the list of skills that I’ve learned in the VA bootcamp:
- Data Entry
- Email Handling
- Social Media Management
- Calendar Management
- WordPress Management
- Internet Research
- Extras : MINDSET, MOTIVATION, NO ZERO DAYS, KEEP HUSTLING, #JasSuccess videos 🙌💯
See my credly badges below 😉
Feel free to click my affiliate link in the VA course:
Freelancing is not for everyone, but this VA Bootcamp will help and prepare you – that working as a freelancer is possible because of their incredible support to their students 😉
If you’re still here, thank you so much! Feel free to email me if you’re interested to learn more about the VA bootcamp.
Always be grateful 🌷
- Thank you for not letting your fear/doubt win
- Thank you for investing in education
- Thank you for stepping outside of your comfort zone (Nursing to VA)
- Thank you for believing in yourself
- Thank you for not giving up
- Thank you for hustling
- Thank you for doing this for yourself and your family
- Thank you Papa Jesus for not giving up on me and for giving me abundant blessings 😭
- Thank you for the VAB amazing team, Mr. Jason Dulay, Ms. Bong, Ms. Anna, and to all students who keeps on inspiring and motivating me.
- Thank you for this humbling experience that I am able to inspire and help someone too 😭🥰
🙌 I’ll create another blog post about some tips that I hope will help you on your VA journey. Stay tuned! Hehe 😉